PDA

Visualizza la versione completa : What about the possibility to improve our English?

surgerypassion
26th September 2010, 14:45
Ciao a tutti, in particolare vorrei fare una proposta.

Valerio che ne pensi di aprire una sezione, discussione, in questo forum dove si scrive solo ed esclusivamente in Inglese ed è vietato usare l'Italiano, in questo modo credo che potremmo (noi che ancora l'Inglese non lo conosciamo benissimo) trarne dei benefici. Diventerebbe un e learning ottimo.....Perchè ognuno potrebbe imparare dall'altro e correggere l'altro nell0 stesso tempo.

Looking forward to hear you

tidus
27th September 2010, 13:48
per me è un ottima idea.......

surgerypassion
27th September 2010, 15:26
Thanks. looking forward to hear the other ideas in relation to this propose :)

tidus
27th September 2010, 21:27
I hope so, because it is a good thing

surgerypassion
4th October 2010, 09:18
Ok but we have to start with a topic, a discussion, and writing only in English. For example one good topic could be " Why have you decided to leave Italy?".

tidus
5th October 2010, 20:43
or how long did you learn English???

surgerypassion
7th October 2010, 01:54
Of course, for example I studied English for 5 years in High School and three years in Secondary School but unfortunatly I never done IELTS or TOEFL exams in Italy, and Now i have to do IELTS here in Australia , the necessary score for PhD application is 6.5 with no less than 6 in each section, speaking, writing , reading and listening. I don't know if I am able to perform this score but I think is too early for this score. I am sure I need other months here to improve my listening and speaking capacitties.

now I have to go away,

bye

Mr Kuzio
10th April 2011, 14:18
Nel forum solo in inglese sarebbe carino avere una sezione "generica" che non sia esclusivamente "parla di QUESTO" (come è attualmente strutturata).

Stamattina volevo chiedere a qualcuno un consiglio su come ascoltare lapronuncia inglese in maniera ricreativa: facendomi consigliare una serie TV in lingua inglese da ascolatre in lingua originale, per migliorare la comprensione e la capacità di pronuncia in lingua inglese. Ma non ho trovato la sezione adatta.

Volevo chiederlo in inglese nella sezione "Only English, Please" :P

EDIT: si potrebbero proporre delle strip in inglese, dei film, delle canzoni, qualche libro, fumetti, cartoni animati... cerchiamo di stimolarci a vicenda per imparare sta lingua benedetta. :)

Valerio
16th April 2011, 08:56
Ok, l'ho appena creata...:

Let's just talk in English (http://www.australianboardcommunity.com/lets-just-talk-english-126/)

vuoi che sposto la discussione da te creata al suo interno?

Mr Kuzio
16th April 2011, 17:46
GRANDE VALERIO!
Grazie! ^_^

vuoi che sposto la discussione da te creata al suo interno?
Si, grazie, sarebbe gradito. :)

dancas
28th April 2011, 22:08
Well, talking about English accent, of course it can vary depending the region in which is spoken, as well in Italy the accent of a siciliano is real different from a milanese. And english itself is different in time: if you watch a movie from the 40's or 50's actors speak (and act) very different than today (if I may say, they were much more theatrical driven). If you are a good listener after some time spent in an english country you will start to recognise the different accent, at least at the macro level, meaning that you'll be able to distinguish american accent, british accent and australian accent. Talking about tv movies and serial, one that i found good (and because I like it too) is Star Trek, both the old one and The Next Generation: they speak plain english and easy to understand; in particular I like the character of Data (in The Next Generation is one of the central figures): being an android and being afascinated by human race he has the caracteristics of willing to be human; in doing so he loves to speak english as best as he can and e always speak without using contraction forms. What better than this for a good start? Enjoy mate.

surgerypassion
30th April 2011, 11:59
Hi Dancasa. I agree with you about the English Accent. Australian Accent is for example one of the most difficult accent in the world because they speak very quickly and sometimes they miss some words in terms of pronunciation.
With respect to my point of view it is possible to identify different accents in relation to the original country of the people. I work with people from the North Australia ( and I find their accent more difficult than the accent of the Melbourne people).
If we compared American and Australian Accent I think america accent is easier to listen.

It is also very interesting the difference between some Australian words and America Words

e.g America Version Center Australian (British Version) centre
Realization (American) Realisation (British)

Color ( American) Colour (British)

Australian Accent of I can it is absolutely different than the America Accent of I can.

I don't care about accent I hope to improve my normal English ( learn new words etc etc because you can express yopurself also without a good typical accent) , of course you will appear funny sometimes, but it is not my fault if my first language is not english , the only fault is about my parents because they decided to have me in Italy ahahahahah

Mr Kuzio
30th April 2011, 13:41
Thank you SurgeryPassion, this explanation is realy useful. :)